M: For over two decades, Lunapads (now Aisle) has been all about making awesome natural, body- and planet-friendly alternatives to disposable pads and tampons. Specifically, we’ve been making washable cloth pads and period underwear since 1993, because I was getting infections from using tampons.
For me, the best part of making the switch to reusable products turned out to be about way more than freedom from irritation: I discovered an amazing new way to feel at home in my body. It was this feeling of comfort and liberation that inspired me to start a business in order to share this feeling with others.
There has been a lot happening in the period underwear space in the last few years: new high-tech fabrics, provocative marketing campaigns, and sporty functionality, to name just a few. Which is awesome!
Meanwhile, we have continued to do what we have always done: stick as much as possible to natural fabrics and local manufacturing while delivering first-rate performance, talking about periods respectfully & inclusively and listening to our customers.
Our new Boxer Briefs have been designed to reflect all of these values, with attention to a few particular areas of feedback.
L: We've received lots of positive messages over the years in response to our efforts to position periods within a trans-inclusive and gender-diverse framework.
We've also heard that our product line isn't bringing the same energy.
We know traditionally feminine cuts of underwear don't work for everyone, and that our collection has lacked options for trans men and other folks with masculine gender identities and/or expressions.
We heard the call to add a boxer brief and were moved to do so because we knew it offered opportunities for more people to feel comfortable, confident, and affirmed: exactly the experience we aim to deliver to all of our customers.
Our new boxer brief looks, fits and feels like a classic boxer brief — with topstitching details and a wide, comfy waistband — and was designed specifically to meet the needs of trans/masculine people with periods.
Here’s what we think you’ll love about them:
- (As always!), made with soft, breathable, natural 100% cotton and 100% organic cotton
- A true boxer brief with classic fit and details
- Elastic-free leg openings and our most coverage ever make them an ideal solution for leak-free lounging and sleeping
- Our most generously lined inner panel, complete with a leak proof bottom layer, topped with another layer of 100% organic cotton - we’ve got you covered
- Thanks to our unique design, we make the only period underwear you can wear all day: just change the inserts as needed
- All the usual health and eco-benefits: no harmful secret ingredients + reusable for years, helping you replace 100s+ of disposable period products.